Corporate Social Responsibility
We are growing hand-in-hand with the local community through a wide range of regularly scheduled community service activities.
Our CSR value system
Mission / PurposeSharing experiences to create a world where everyone smiles together.
Current status of CSR activities
IT Talent DonationSpecialized ICT Social Contribution Activities Utilizing the IT Capabilities of Employees
- IT Supporters
- · Coding Education for the Underprivileged
- · IT-related Career Counseling
- · Making Books for the Blind
CSR-friendly cultureEstablishment of a sound corporate culture through a system such as granting credits to volunteer activities, etc.
- CharLOTTE Community Service
- · Volunteering at Local Children's Centers
- · Support for Daily Necessities for people
- · Protecting Nature Environment
Value-added collaborationImproving social contribution values and quality through collaboration with organizations.
- · Geumcheon-gu Regional Children's Center
- · Geumcheon-gu Office
- · Korean Red Cross
- Purpose of activities : Granting opportunities for anyone to enjoy equal education and information
- Supporters : A total of 28 people who completed professional course
Benefit and Content
1 underprivileged children/adolescents : IT coding education, career counseling2 Blind : e-books for the blind, Braille booklet production/distribution3 Other NGOs : PC donation of love, etc.
CharLOTTE Community Service
- Purpose of activities : Conducting contributions to social values of enterprises under various themes every month
- Volunteer group member : 41 people (operation, content making, etc.)
Benefit and Content
1 Preliminary Mom Project: Making Love Attachment Dolls2 Geumcheon-gu Office : Making Kimchi, Protecting Regional Environment3 Local Children's Center : Daycare, Environment Maintenance, and Necessities production/support ※ social contribution activities on every month
Action Plan of Social Contribution
Strengthen volunteer content
Discovery and settlement of new volunteer activities
(13 new volunteer activities)
Security Blanket, Happy Picture, Flood Recovery
Donation of IT Talent
Education of KIOSK, Mentoring, Education of IT, Braille books, etc
About Environment and Animal
Removing harmful plants in Anyangcheon, Abandoned Dogs(Cats), Volunteer work at the Seoul National Cemetery, Toy upcycling, etc
About Social and Culture
Posting Good Comments, Making Braille books
Spread of Community Contributions
Expanding Community Collaboration and Activities
(In-depth Volunteer Activities)
Community-based Representative Volunteer Work
Happy picture, Education of IT, Removing harmful plants in Anyangcheon, etc
Participation in Community-led Volunteer Programs
Regular service rounds/regional proceedings
Volunteer works in Geumcheon-gu, In-depth courses through Rounds IT Teaching
Expanding Social Contribution Partners
(Strengthening benefits through collaboration)
Volunteer work with Partners for Shared growth
National Cemetery, Making Kimchi, etc
Spreading the culture of donation in-house
We are actively engaged in numerous CSR programs that span different areas and benefit socially disadvantaged groups and the local community.
- Kimchi Sharing
- Working with partner corporations, we prepared more than 2,000 heads of kimchi for sharing with our neighbors in need.
- Spring Cleaning at the Orphanage
- Volunteers toiled under the warm sun to give the children’s home a nice spring cleaning.
- Kimchi Sharing
- We prepared kimchi with volunteers from our partner corporations, sharing the love with local communities and building an appreciation for mutual growth with the local community.
- Charcoal Briquette Delivery
- To help our neighbors in need stay warm during the harsh winter, our volunteers made deliveries of much-needed charcoal briquettes.
- Relief Work for Households Affected by Flooding
- We helped restore the homes of families whose houses had been damaged by flooding and other natural disasters.
- Winter Kimchi Sharing
- More than 1,100 regular employees and directors from the LOTTE Group prepared some 15,000 heads of winter Kimchi for various neighborhoods throughout the country.
- Cake Baking
- Our volunteers spent a meaningful day baking cakes and making memories with children in regional children’s centers.
- Workshop Environment Improvement
- Our team helped improve the environment of an old, run-down workshop for people with disabilities, filling the facility with a new sense of liveliness.
- Visit to Korean Folk Village
- We invited single-parent multicultural families hailing from Vietnam, the Philippines, China, and Mongolia, etc. to join us on a trip out to the Korean Folk Village, where we all had a fantastic time.
- Honey Lemon Tea Sharing
- We worked with children to make honey-preserved lemon to donate to senior welfare centers, giving the children a taste of the joy of sharing.
- Adopt-an-Aunt, Adopt-an-Uncle
- Volunteers pledged to become adopted aunts and uncles of children in local children’s centers.
- Mural Painting With the Hamsaram Regional Children’s Center
- In May, the CharLOTTE Community Service Group visited the Hamsaram Regional Children’s Center in Siheung-dong to decorate the facility with a giant mural. To make the children’s home a brighter place to be, our volunteers carefully covered the stairs and fences with paintings of things from nature, such as trees and flowers. In the evening, the children living at the facility returned after school and joined us in decorating their home.
- Weeding in Siheung Stream
- In June, the CharLOTTE Community Service Group visited the Siheung Stream in Geumcheon-gu. Led by a forest guide who pointed out invasive plant species preventing the proper growth of indigenous plants, our volunteers spent the day weeding the area to promote a healthy stream ecosystem. The day spent sweating and toiling hard to preserve the local ecosystem was truly rewarding.
- Improving the Educational Environment in Regional Children’s Centers
- In July, the CharLOTTE Community Service Group took part in a make-your-own-furniture class at the Woods Wooden Handicraft Workshop in Sillim-dong. Twenty CharLOTTE members were present at the day’s event, where they made furniture to be used at local children’s welfare centers operated by the Hyemyeong Foundation. Volunteers attending the day’s event had never made furniture before, but found the experience more fun and rewarding than they had expected.
- Community Service Day for New Recruits
- In August, the CharLOTTE Community Service Group visited the Hyemyeong Orphanage, Hyemyeong Nursing Home, and Cheongdam Social Welfare Center to help clean and set the facilities in order, make kimchi for the seniors and children at the facilities, and participate in making traditional Korean Hanji paper crafts. Present at the event were 115 new Chapter 86 recruits. The event provided participants with a unique opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the value of sharing and embracing other members in the community with love. It was day that was as rewarding as it was hot.
- Recreation and CPR Education for Local Children
- In September, the CharLOTTE Community Service Group visited the Geumcheon District Social Economy Support Center to spend time with the local children. After getting to know one another through a recreation session, we taught the children how to administer CPR in the case of an emergency. The entire session, which culminated in a banquet, was filled with laughter from the children and volunteers.
- Winter Kimchi Sharing
- Last October more than 11,000 members from the LOTTE Group’s CharLOTTE Community Service Group descended on the aT Center in Yangjae-dong to help transform more than 15,000 heads of Napa cabbage into kimchi. The freshly made kimchi was delivered to households in need throughout the country by the Korean Red Cross.
- Charcoal Briquette Community Service
- Last December, the CharLOTTE Community Service Group headed to Onsu-dong in Seoul to deliver charcoal briquettes to those in need. We're sure the smiles on our volunteers’ faces that day made Onsu-dong a little bit warmer.
- 'Blood Donation' for Love
- In February, employees donated blood due to a lack of blood supply. We hope that the small sincerity gathered on this day will be the joy of a new life for someone else.
- Volunteer work for abandoned cats with HEYNANA
- In April, We volunteered for abandoned cats with the Heynana team in Paju, On Center.
First, after receiving animal recognition education, we did activities such as cleaning the cat's house,
sympathetic activity, and organizing goods in groups.
Especially, the sympathetic activity with the cat was a time that made us forget our tiredness.
We donated necessary items to pets and finished our volunteer work in the hope that there will be no more
※ The Haynana team is an in-house venture team and app operation team for pets, providing various functions for a happy companion life such as a companion communication community, a walking mate, and a pet health notebook.
- Volunteer to take "Happiness Photo & Happiness Four Cut" for local seniors
- Celebrating Family Month for three years from 2021, we had four happy cuts again this year! This time, I visited Cheongdam Social Welfare Center located in Siheung-dong. It was a meaningful time as executives and employees participated in the entire process from makeup for the elderly to photography and photo correction. In addition to taking happy photos (=long-lived photos), we also took four-cut photos for elderly couples to make happy memories.
- Upcycling volunteer work for "The Rebirth of Toys"
- In May, we did upcycling volunteer work with the NGO TRU, which solves plastic problems with discarded toys.
A number of executives and employees participated in the purpose of presenting children with a clean
environment, not new toys, on Children's Day.
We collected and donated toys that executives and employees did not use, and we worked to disassemble
waste toys and use them as plastic raw materials.
We hoped that the employees who participated would feel the "rebirth of toys" and a cleaner environment
would continue to the next generation by giving toothpaste knitwear melted from waste toys.
※ What is upcycling? It is a combination of upgrade and recycling, which means recycling, which goes beyond simple reuse and increases value by creating new objects or transforming designs.
- Volunteer work for the head of Memorial Cemetery
- In June, we visited the Seoul National Cemetery for the third time to mark the month of patriots and veterans. Through the service that he participated in with the family members of the executives and employees, he visited the shrine in honor of the patriotic martyrs and patriots, and then renovated the tomb No.14 After the volunteer work, we decided not to forget the precious sacrifice through a visit to the Memorial Hall.