Human Rights Management
- Charter on Human Rights Management
Respect for Human rights
LOTTE Data Communication respects the right to pursue dignity, values, and happiness as a human being, and pursues the values of major global human rights norms such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN Global Compact. Therefore, as a basic principle of corporate management, we prioritize respecting the human rights of stakeholders who may be exposed to human rights risks directly or indirectly connected to corporate activities such as executives, customers, and partners. We are striving to realize respect for human rights by establishing a company-wide human rights policy and carrying out related risk prevention activities.
Human Rights Management System
We have specified human rights management practices within the Code of Conduct for Employees to respect human rights, and operates a human rights management monitoring system separately. In addition, we are promoting various human rights promotion activities such as operating various communication channels to prevent potential human rights issues, including human rights violations of executives and employees.
|Target||Means of implementation||Business|
|Customers, employees, shareholders and investors, partners and communities, etc||Employees' education, anonymous reporting system, website 'Sinmungo' operation at all times, partner company education, community service activities, university industry-academic cooperation, etc||Certification of web accessibility on the website, production and delivery of abbreviated products for the disabled, etc|
|Target||Customers, employees, shareholders and investors, partners and communities, etc|
|Means of implementation||Employees' education, anonymous reporting system, website 'Sinmungo' operation at all times, partner company education, community service activities, university industry-academic cooperation, etc|
|Business||Certification of web accessibility on the website, production and delivery of abbreviated products for the disabled, etc|
LOTTE Data Communication Statement on Human Rights Management
- We aim for 'human rights management' that can positively change not only the lives of customers but also our society and contribute to the rich life of mankind. In order to become a company that adds value to human life, we enact the LOTTE Data Communication Human Rights Management Charter as follows as a standard for correct behavior and value judgment that all executives and employees must observe in the course of management activities and business execution. This Charter is based on international human rights principles and norms, including the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the UN Corporation and Human Rights Implementation Principles, OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. We commit to comply with this Charter and to put our commitments into actions.
- 1. We respect all human dignity and value, and prioritize human rights management in managing our business.
2. We respect international human rights principles and covenants, including the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
3. We establish and implement systems and policies, including human rights management system, to embed a respect for human dignity and value across our corporate culture and across the spectrum of business management activities.
4. We strive to protect and advance human rights of marginalized communities, and respect human rights of everyone whose lives we touch, including our employees, customers, government authorities, partners, and local communities.
5. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, education, age, disability, religion, place of birth, political stance, or any other grounds when hiring or in the workplace, and pursue an rganizational culture of mutual respect and understanding.
6. We do not condone forced labor or child labor in any shape or form, and comply with the minimum working age established by international standards and local laws of the jurisdictions in which we conduct business.
7. We comply with the working - hour and minimum wage regulations of the jurisdictions in which we conduct business.
8. We foster working conditions which put the health and safety of our officers and employees first.
9. We uphold the constitutional right to freedom of assembly and association and the right to collective bargaining to protect and advance the human rights of our officers and employees.
10. We endeavor to prevent human rights violations in the workplace, such as workplace harassment or sexual harassment, and to provide remedial measures.
11. We aim to nurture strong partnerships with our business partners on an equal footing for mutual growth and development, and support, and cooperate with, their implementation of human rights management.
12. We do not use raw materials, products, etc.produced in an illegal and unethical manner or in a manner involving possible human rights violations.
13. We protect personal information acquired in the course of business.
14. We comply with domestic and international environmental regulations, and strive to achieve net - zero carbon emissions, environmental preservation, biological diversity, resource circulation, and other environmental goals.
15. We prevent human rights violations in the course of business, and timely provide adequate remedial measures.
- We pledge to do our utmost in implementing and advancing human rights management as set forth above.
- All officers and employees of LOTTE Data Communication